Autumn Term 2016
Our topic for this half term is Global Gourmet.
This project has a food design and technology focus and teaches children about different food types from around the World, fair trade and the importance of eating a healthy diet for well being. At the heart of this project children will learn how to write formal and informal letters and develop additional skills in writing to advertise and inform.
In this project the children will learn:
• Where food originates from, and how food has a ‘carbon footprint’ which affects the cost;
• About the cultural traditions relating to food; how food production is important to particular countries;
• How diet affects our health and well being;
• To make accurate measurements and calculate costs of food and ingredients;
• To develop basic food technology skills and follow recipes;
• To collaborate as a team, deciding on strengths, weaknesses and interests of team members;
• How to write letters for a range of purposes both formally and informally.
We had great fun making the pizza to sell in the Monster Mash disco. They were yummy too!