The parent Council was established September 2014. It is an initiative widely used in Scottish schools. The role of the Parent Council is to:
- support the school in its work with pupils
- represent the views of all parents
- encourage links between the school, parents, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community
- report back to all the parents in the school )
- support the school and pupils during school inspections.
Our representative are:
Mrs Katy Davies,
Mrs Emma Evans,
Mrs Zoe Hemburrow,
Mrs Sarah Morgan.
The Parent Officers will act as parent representatives and meet with the Headteacher once every term. You can approach them for information or to make your views known.
The Parent Council will publish a letter every fortnight for parents/guardians. All children will be given a paper copy and they will also be in the newsletter section of the website.
Abercerdin has an open-door policy for parents. The Head teacher and all staff are available from 8.45-9.00am (school yard) and 3.30pm onwards for quick informal chats. The Head teacher is availble from 9.10am onwards for formal/private chats. please ring first thing to book an appointment with a class teacher for the afternoon.
Please click below for useful links for the Parent Council.